Monday, April 16, 2012

CHAT_MESSAGE_SYSTEM question

Hello

Let me first say that I'm still new to coding so forgive me if this seems like/is a dumb question.

In the CHAT_MESSAGE_SYSTEM, arg1 = the incoming message, if I understand correctly. I think the code to do this is

if (event == "CHAT_MSG_SYSTEM") then

ReadAHMsg(arg1)

My question is when arg1 is a specific message, am I able to define arg1 and ignore only that particular message while letting the others thru?

Any and all help and comments (sarcasm excluded) are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

D|||Quick answer without thinking too much about it is to check out :

http://www.wowwiki.com/API_ChatFrame...ageEventFilter

Also look up related stuff on the same site - it really is an excellent tool.

Hope that helps :)|||Telic I've been to wowwiki for awhile, definitely a great site. I didn't run across the EventFilter but looks as if it may work.

Thanks for the link and help.

No comments:

Post a Comment