Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Damage Meters

I'm thinking about starting a new project and was seriously considering a damage meter. I know theres already a good few out there but I'd like the challenge of creating one. I just have one question before I start. I've been thinking about it a bit and was wondering if there is still a need to sync with other people in the raid? Or can you just pull the information from the combat log? Thanks. Apologies if thats a really stupid question.|||There's definitely less need to sync since the new combat log was added, since you will now get all data that is visible to you (i.e. your client has loaded the players/mobs somewhere on your screen) in your combat log. I guess it depends whether you want everyone to show the exact same data. For example, if I die midfight and release, do I need that missing data.

So the answer to your question is it's really up to you. If you build the datastructure sensibly you should be able to add sync later if you want/need it.|||Double post, crappy software.|||Thanks that helped. I'll probably start without it and once it's working add syncing as an option to keep it as accurate as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment