Saturday, April 14, 2012

Help to make a specific addon

[:1]Hello guys,

First of all, I wanna apologize for ignorance if I do that.

I have neither programmed to Lua before, nor played WoW. Actually, I started playing when a friend of mine asked me to make a customization in WoW for him. I'm Java/C++ programmer.

I saw the basic tutorials, I have created some addons, but which Lua API's and which kind of events should I handle for:

1) My friend wants that all info event scheduled at calendar feature to popup in specific period of time as a window. So, imagine you're playing and don't remind about an event you have previously scheduled. Then a window popups into the screen reminding you of that event.

My question is: is some specific addon for that? has someone built something similar? Or even better: if it does not exist, how could I into LUA api's/wow events trigger that?

Please, I'm not asking for a complete solution (if the addon does not exist yet), but how I could I start that?

I would greatly accept any kind of help.

My best regards,

Luis|||Our guild uses group calendar for this. you schedule events (others can sign up or not) and get notified when things are about to start.|||Quote:








Our guild uses group calendar for this. you schedule events (others can sign up or not) and get notified when things are about to start.




Thank you very much, but this case obviously I must have been joined to a guild right?

What my friend wants is absolutely that, but not for guild. Any other clue?

Best regards|||Have not tried it without being part of a guild, but no reason why it should not work guildless. Cant visit curse from work, I am very lucky this site is not blocked, so I can't look it up at the moment.|||Hey, fairly new to this myself, but this may be helpful.

There is a blizzard released addon kit, which extracts a lot of WoW's files and lets you explore them, to see what you have to work with.

Looking at Blizzard_Calendar.lua in the blizzards calendar ui folder, there are plenty of fields to look at.


Code:
...
-- Event Types
CALENDAR_EVENTTYPE_RAID = 1;
CALENDAR_EVENTTYPE_DUNGEON = 2;
CALENDAR_EVENTTYPE_PVP = 3;
CALENDAR_EVENTTYPE_MEETING = 4;
CALENDAR_EVENTTYPE_OTHER = 5;

-- Invite Statuses
CALENDAR_INVITESTATUS_INVITED = 1;
CALENDAR_INVITESTATUS_ACCEPTED = 2;
CALENDAR_INVITESTATUS_DECLINED = 3;
CALENDAR_INVITESTATUS_CONFIRMED = 4;
CALENDAR_INVITESTATUS_OUT = 5;
CALENDAR_INVITESTATUS_STANDBY = 6;

...

that sorta thing, which you can dig around and find the stuff you need to use. As far as how to get these events/fields I am not certain. Somehow have your addon query the calendar and ask for it I would guess, but at least this will give you a start.

and to confirm the calendar isn't tied to guild, but has added guild functionality (like invite all guild).

Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment