Thursday, April 19, 2012

2.4 Event help

I was wondering if anyone has had much luck on the PTRs new combat log system. My mod registers events such as


Code:
this:RegisterEvent("CHAT_MSG_SPELL_FRIENDLYPLAYER_BUFF")
this:RegisterEvent("CHAT_MSG_SPELL_HOSTILEPLAYER_BUFF");

and then looks for text such as "Prayer of Mending heals xxx for 2140".

After reading things, I saw that the UNFILTERED was meant to make old mods work ect, so I tried simply adding


Code:
this:RegisterEvent("COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED");

but of course it still doesn't do anything, so I am really confused as to how to handle events now and what not. Does anyone else have any experience?|||The old events have all been removed.

Guide is here:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_2.4.0/C...New_Combat_Log|||Here is an example:


Code:
if event == "COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED" then
local timestamp, eventType, sourceGUID, sourceName, sourceFlags, destGUID, destName, destFlags = ...
local spellId, spellName, spellSchool, missType = select(9, ...)
if eventType == "SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS" and sourceName == UnitName("player") and spellName == "Totemic Call" then
-go do something with it-
end
end
|||Tunga that is just the copy and paste of the UI & Macro thread that really didn't help me understand. Thanks for the example Jumpy, I learn much better by examples lol.|||Yeah sorry I was in a rush and didn't know what you'd read so thought we'd start there :) .

No comments:

Post a Comment