Saturday, April 21, 2012

Need help extracting data from DamageMeters

Hi guys. So basically I'm venturing into the world of creating my first custom addon. I've been looking into using Ace2 as the library and basically the premise of the addon is that I want to utilize data from DamageMeters and create an addon that allows me to compare the damage from one weapon to another.

The way I want to go about it, is basically to fight 5 or 10 battles with a certain weapon. After each battle, I wanna save the current damage done and after 10 battles, I wanna average the damage from all the battles. This way, I figure I could get a base damage estimate of each weapon. However, the problem comes from extracting information from DamageMeters. I know it can write to a text file but I was having problems getting that to work.

Does anyone have any advice on how I could possible extract information from DamageMeters in order to use in my addon? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks|||(Moved to correct forum.)|||Any Ideas? I would really appreciate some input. Thanks|||I don't know ACE and I don't use Damage Meters. Why don't you just collect data from the combat log and make your own calculations?|||DamageMeters broadcasts data in some form over the addon communication channel so you could probably read what you want out of that. Though the easier method would be to check if DM has any easy get methods in it for the data which you can call. Otherwise hack some in yourself. Arguably easier method again (and probably better for the end user too) is just to parse the combat log yourself as Jumpy suggests.

No comments:

Post a Comment