Saturday, April 21, 2012

<FontString>

I am trying to change a font in an xml file.

Here is my code:


Quote:




<FontString name="Simple_Text" inherits="ChatFontNormal" font="./Fonts/Impact.TTF" text="Type in something:" justifyV="TOP" justifyH="LEFT">




For some reason it is NOT using my font. who is this? I have "Impact.TTF" in:

C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\wow_compass\Fonts\

Why does it not work?|||Try


Code:
<FontString name="Simple_Text" inherits="ChatFontNormal" font="Interface\AddOns\wow_compass\Fonts\Impact.TTF" text="Type in something:" justifyV="TOP" justifyH="LEFT">

The XML doesn't use the addon folder as the base directory, it uses the folder for WoW itself.|||For some reason, it still does not work. Please take a look at my code. If you could PLEASE help me out, it would meat the work to me.

http://www.redcrusher.com/wow_compass.zip

THANKS|||I don't know if you can use a font other than those Blizzard provides. I just use the ones that Blizzard provides.|||http://wowui.incgamers.com/?p=mod&m=1424

are you so sure about that?

I know for a fact, that a LOT of addons use other fonts. Take SCT, casting bart and others. They do, i ust don't know ine is not working. Take a look at the file , and please help me.

thanks|||Take a look at their code and see what they are doing.|||Quote:








Take a look at their code and see what they are doing.




I have, and i can not find that i am doing anything differently...|||When you change the font of a font string, you need to specify a FontHeight; So to change the font file in XML, you will also need the following :


Code:

<FontString name="Simple_Text" inherits="ChatFontNormal" font="Interface\AddOns\wow_compass\Fonts\Impact.TTF" text="Type in something:" justifyV="TOP" justifyH="LEFT">; -- Set Font String
<FontHeight>
<AbsValue val="15"/>
</FontHeight>

( Not necessarily a height of 15 obviously )

You will have had XML errors reported in your FrameXML.log file explaining why the font wasn't applied. ( I mention this in the tutorial thread )

See also, the SetFont(font, fontHeight, [optional attributes]) API at WoWWiki, where the font height is mandatory.



For some useful dev tips :

http://wow.incgamers.com/forums/show...t=FrameXML.log

No comments:

Post a Comment