Thursday, April 19, 2012

Mod request: Dressing room Options...

It would be very nice to be able to resize the dressing room window and zoom the model. I did look at DressupStats, and it works very nicely, except for no window resizing option.

My obvious original priority was just the addon. I searched straight away for one that supported these options. Not being able to find one, I decided to modify one or make my own. Being completely inexperienced doesn't help. I've read the xml tutorial (stickied here), and I get the idea behind the basic functioning of an addon, but it ends there.

If someone has the time, I'd appreciate some help with creating an addon that allows zooming and window resizing of the dressup window, and only zoom and resize. That way I can see what was done to accomplish that without trying to wade through tons of xmls and luas and an even greater number of script/frame entries within. It's more than just a bit confusing . I wouldn't even start to know where to look for zoom/window resize scripts.

So, that's my request. Sure I'd like to simply have the addon, but even more so, I'd like to take the opportunity to start learning to make my own. If this is something that is too complicated, please tell me and I'll go straight back to the tutorials and spend weeks on them if need be .

Thanks!|||Oh. I found a mod that's very close to what I'd like to build. It's called Closeup (by totalpackage on curse) and it basically allows zooming, viewing other player models in the dressing room, and removing the background. I've looked at a lot of the code in it, and I can kinda follow it, but there's no way I could ever reproduce something similar from scratch, yet.

If I could add a window resize to this mod, for the standalone dressing room and the AH dressing room, that would be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment