Thursday, April 19, 2012

Amplify Magic Issue, Any Ideas?

Can anyone think of a reason why a buff check for Amplify Magic works when solo, but not in parties? I'm working with my mod, BuffBuddyBC... I should say that I have the same issue with Dampen Magic, but standard buffs like AI, Fort, etc. check out fine.|||I don't see a reason but maybe you have some kind of logic error. Maybe your buffIndex is not going high enough to catch the buff?


Code:
name, rank, iconTexture, count, duration, timeLeft =  UnitBuff(unit, buffIndex[, castable])

buffIndex - Integer - The index of the buff to retrieve information for. Starts at 1 and goes up indefinitely until there are no more buffs on target.|||Quote:








I don't see a reason but maybe you have some kind of logic error. Maybe your buffIndex is not going high enough to catch the buff?


Code:
name, rank, iconTexture, count, duration, timeLeft =  UnitBuff(unit, buffIndex[, castable])

buffIndex - Integer - The index of the buff to retrieve information for. Starts at 1 and goes up indefinitely until there are no more buffs on target.




In the mod I'm actually iterating through all buffs from 1 to # of buffs, to be sure. It's the equivalent of doing this:

/run for i=1,40 do local n,_,tex,_,_,t=UnitBuff("target",i);if (n=="Amplify Magic") then message("You have "..n.." for another "..format("%.2f",t/60).." minutes.");end end

The macro works, on me:p The buff check works fine, for AI, for Fort, etc. Not AM, and not Dampen Magic. I'm clearly missing something basic, but poorly undocumented.

Edit: Just did a quick check using the macro and the mod and both are working in a party. I've been testing it on non-partied targets or in Raid, and apparently that's an issue:p Now, how to get around that?

Could it have something to do with the restriction of AM to party members perhaps?|||Just saw this from the 4/1 patch notes:

- Amplify Magic - Duration and mana cost increased. Now castable on all

raid targets.|||Oook. I just tried this again in raid and... it worked:p I'm glad, so long as my good fortune continues;)

No comments:

Post a Comment