Thursday, April 19, 2012

Help Needed Urgent - University Endorsed Project

Greetings Mod Devs!

My name is Mike Thomas and I am an art & technology researcher with the University of Plymouth in the UK.

I am looking for an experienced Mod Developer to help me put together a small mod for World of Warcraft.

I cannot offer payment, however I can state that your work will be fully credited by myself and the University.

A good opportunity to shows your skills in an academic arena as well is within the WoW community.

It is equally viable that you start from scratch, OR re-engineer any pre-existing mod that might be similar (permission allowing of course).

Email me "mikerst@googlemail.com" if you are interested.

I will provide full details of what I need to those who show genuine interest and can work quickly.

Please state your experience, the mods you have authored, your age, and a bit about yourself.

Alternatively, send an in-game mail to "Celebrion", alliance Nelf Druid on Argent Dawn EU.

Deadline is 15th Feb, but the project is a small one.

Many thanks.

Mike Thomas MA

www.mikerst.com|||Folks, be careful about providing personal info to anyone, until they are verified as someone you'd like to have such info.

One wonders why a researcher at a university is using a googlemail email address.

A search using "thomas" as the search criteria on the Univ. of Plymouth web site doesn't show a Mike Thomas...I could be wrong on some or all of this...

Hmmmmm

EDIT: He seems to be a student....His web page shows

"Mike is now studying for a Master of Arts degree in Digital Art & Technology at the University of Plymouth whereby he aims to develop a portfolio of works that explores the phenomenon of Virtual Worlds and their interconnectivity with the real, as well as researching the medium of the videogame as a means to deliver culturally and socially relevant content to its audience that extends what the medium is currently achieving."

I wonder if he has considered "Second Life" in his research.|||Thanks for that *wink*

If unsure about the email address.

Try: mt@mikerst.com

or..

mike.thomas@postgrad.plymouth.ac.uk

Your are correct in that I am a student.

If anyone is interested and would like further verification as to my authenticity please reply here also. I will keep an eye on the thread.

Thanks

MT

EDIT:

Alternatively, get hold of "Academic Writer" in Second Life ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment