Saturday, April 21, 2012

How do I create a button that can be dragged to the action bar ?

Hi,

I'm new to writing WOW AddOns.

I want to create a button that can be dragged to the action bar the same way items from the spell book or the inventory can be dragged and dropped into the action bar.

My question is: can this be done, and if so how ?

Thanks,

San|||You could create a macro that calls an addon. That macro icon could then be placed on the action bar.|||Thanks,

Yes I am aware of that option but that is not what I'm looking to do. For example I did that with SmartBuff, but the macro button does not get updated with the spell image the way the SmarfBuff button does.

I would also like to supply my AddOn with a popup that holds the various buttons so that they can be dragged to the action bars.|||I can't think of any mod that does this but you'd probably be best tryng to pillage someone else's code .|||Yeah I figured as such and run into the same issue myself (can't think of any). So my next thought was: "Find a forum of WOW AddOn authoring experts and ask them to point you in the right direction"...



Let's try a different approach: where will I find the most complete documentation for Blizz's framework objects / API ?|||http://www.wowwiki.com/Interface_Customization|||WowWiki has a decent API.

(EDIT: Jumpy beat me to it .)

No comments:

Post a Comment