Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Looking for Teacher

I am looking for someone who will take time to help me learn how to create addons! You dont have to live near me, you just have to have Yahoo messenger, and it would be preferable if you had a Mac running OSX 10.5, but that isn't necessary either. You just need to be able to tell me what to do, how to do it, and if i did something wrong, tell me what i did wrong, where i did it, and how to fix it. Oh, and you should be able to explain what things mean and why they are there. You can contact me at any time by email (prodigy_writer@yahoo.com). Thank you!|||This is why people go to university.|||get these books they will help...

Hacking World of Warcraft

World of Warcraft Programming: A Guide and Reference for Creating WoW Addons

... dont let the name of the 1st fool ya its actually all about addons both book are written by very well known addon developers Dan Gilbert (Atlas), James Whitehead II (Watchdog Unit Frames, Perfect Raid) and i have no idea who the other two guys that co-authored the 2nd book with James Whitehead II are (sorry).|||Quote:








This is why people go to university.




I'm only in high school, but i plan to go to college for computer programming, thats what i want to do. I was thinking i could get a head start on it.|||The books above are a good start, as long as you're aware that this is a long process.|||Just FYI, there are a number of tutorials out there, and I wrote the AddonTemplate mod to introduce my guildies to the basics of mod writing. Check it out if you like example-based learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment