Thursday, April 12, 2012

AuctionHouse Type Frame

[:1]I am wanting to create basically the auction house item frame. I would like to be able to search for an item filter using the tree to the left and dropdowns up top. Pretty much every functionality of the Auction House except with out all the others tabs and using my datasource.

I looked at the Blizzard Addons for Auction House and I can't really figure out how to inherit from their template. Is inheritance the correct path I should be using to accomplish this or is there another magic frame template I just don't know about. I've found a few other addons that seem to accomplish this, but even looking at their code I can't quite figure out what they are doing. They may just be hooking into already existing functionality.

Would this maybe just be easier starting from scratch with my own frame?

Also I am using Ace so could I use AceGUI to accomplish this or again best to just go custom?

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment