Thursday, April 12, 2012

Updating abandoned addons

[:1]There is an abandoned addon I've updated to work with WoTLK, but the author is unreachable, and hasn't updated the addon in over a year. Is it best practice to create a new addon, or is better to ask a forum moderator to transfer the addon? The one in question is http://wowui.incgamers.com/?p=mod&m=6764|||I can transfer if you would prefer. Depends on what you have changed though, if it has a lot of new additons may be worth re-releasing a new version.|||Quote:








I can transfer if you would prefer. Depends on what you have changed though, if it has a lot of new additons may be worth re-releasing a new version.




I've simply updated it to work with the current patch, no new functionality changes. I don't think there are really any to be done with it, quite frankly. It's a nice simple precise addon that does one thing, and does it well. ;)

So if you could transfer it to me, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Kernighan|||I have sent you a PM with a code to transfer the mod to your name :)|||Awesome, thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment